Feb 18, 2023
Adults with ADHD seem to have a love/hate relationship regarding scheduling and using calendars. Are you one of these people?
Sure, it sounds like a simple concept but for many of us with adult ADHD, we tend to struggle to engage more effectively with schedules and calendars.
Back on Overcoming Distractions is Eric Tivers of ADHD reWired.
Eric and Dave discussed the following and a lot more.
· Why a schedule and using a calendar can be challenging for adults with ADHD.
· Understanding that without a workable schedule, getting through the week and getting “stuff” done can also be challenging.
· Eric discusses how scheduling, distractions, prioritization and time management are all connected and the calendar can help us.
· Eric also takes time to discuss time tracking which he feels is one of the most important ways to understand how long tasks and projects take us.
· Dave and Eric discuss time blocking but making sure that we are using that concept effectively.
And Eric gives tips for getting started and getting more comfortable using a calendar to manage our work and personal lives. Those include understanding this is going to be a process, you'll need to try different methods, making sure you relax and be patient, the importance of engaging with your calendar and understanding in many cases, there is a setup and a cleanup which you'll hear his thoughts on the podcast.
Find ADHD reWired here and all Eric's offerings including group sessions and the popular podcast. https://www.adhdrewired.com/
Do you want to work with Dave one-on-one? Go to www.overcomingdistractions.com