Mar 12, 2022
Improving communication in the workplace is something everyone
should strive for but for those of us with adult ADHD, it needs to
be an ongoing process of identifying what can be effective. Some of
us receive communications differently, some of us put out
communications in the workplace that can be misunderstood, and the
bottom line is not every communication style is a match.
This week we have back Grant Crowell, Author of Grantasms
Creative twisted words for cool people! and a self-professed
social wordsmith. Grant and Dave discuss how to improve strategic
communications in the workplace as well as being an entrepreneur
with ADHD. As you'll find Grant's book also injects a little fun
and humor into the process.
- What exactly is strategic communications and why do we need to
- How do we have fun and reduce stress while improving
- How do we find the right patterns of communication as well as
capture the attention of our coworkers and others?
- How can we connect appropriately as well as implement some
humor in meetings and other settings?
- How can we be mindful of the social context of things we say as
well as read the room.
- Why do we ADHD’ers need to focus on being strategic in our
- Why is clarity in communication so important for those of us
- Grant and Dave discuss the topic of co-workers or clients not
giving clarity on projects or assignments. Vague directions,
etc…which leads many with ADHD to procrastinate.
- They also talk about how some co-workers, a boss, or clients
can abuse our people-pleasing nature. Many of those with ADHD are
people pleasers and it leads to exhaustion, frustration, overwork,
and burnout. How do we communicate properly and train others on how
to treat us?
- And Grant gives a fast lesson and roadmap to being more
strategic in our communications.
Find Grant’s book here:
Connect with him on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrantCrowell